Cafe / Restaurant Insurance

Whether you operate a coffee shop, café, licensed or unlicensed restaurant, bakery, take away shop, kebab shop, sushi bar or internet café a good insurance policy is a must.

Food poisoning, trip and falls, fires, water damage, machinery breakdown and glass breakage incidents are seen all too often in this area.

Don’t leave it to chance! Contact us for an obligation free quote and let us tailor a comprehensive and affordable Business Insurance Package that suits your needs!


Common types of business insurance focus on assets and revenue, liabilities, and personnel. These include:

  Property Covers damage or loss to buildings, contents and stock caused by     insured events and accidental damage
  Public Liability Covers your business for legal costs and compensation costs that you might have to pay if you are found liable to someone because you caused death or injury, loss or damage to their property, or economic loss due to your negligence
General Property General Property provides worldwide coverage (unless otherwise noted) for tools and equipment, as well as the accidental loss and damage of any portable tools and equipment used in the course of your business
Product liability Businesses that supply, deliver or sell goods, even in the form of services or repairs, may need cover against claims of goods causing damage, injury or death. Product liability cover protects you if any of these events happen to another person or business by the failure of a product you are selling
Theft and burglary Theft insurance generally covers your business against loss or damage to your stock and contents if someone forces their way onto your premises, or uses deception to get in to your premises. It usually does not cover cash losses, which can be covered separately
Money Covers your money for theft at the premises, in transit and at your private residence
Mandatory motor vehicle accident personal injuries insurance Every state and territory requires mandatory motor vehicle accident personal injuries insurance for all company or business vehicles.
Commercial vehicle Many different types of policies are available, so make sure you understand the options before making a decision. Consider the three most common options below:

·        Comprehensive

·        Third party property damage

·        Third party, fire and theft

Tax audit insurance Covers costs incurred by your accountant, or registered tax agent, when notified by the Australian Taxation Office to conduct an audit or investigation into your tax liability
Business interruption Covers businesses that suffer a loss because they cannot trade for a period of time due to loss or damage from a weather event, flood, fire or other insured interruptions
Deterioration of stock Covers businesses for the deterioration of chilled, refrigerated or frozen goods and stock if a refrigerator or freezer unit storing these goods breaks down and spoils the items
Glass Covers the replacement of external and internal glass, as well as specified glass items
Employee fraud or dishonesty Covers against fraudulent or dishonest actions committed by employees that directly results in loss of money, negotiable instruments or goods
Workers’ Compensation Workers’ Compensation insurance is compulsory in all states and territories for businesses with a certain number of employees. For more information contact us
Machinery/Equipment breakdown Covers machinery and equipment used in your business. Some policies may also cover stock damages as a result of the breakdown
Goods in transit/property in transit insurance Covers the loss of, or damage to, goods you buy, sell or use in your business when they are in transit by road, rail, air and sea. It also covers damage to property – such as tools and equipment – while in transit within a defined set of geographical limits
Computer and electronic equipment Covers accidental damage or loss to computers and electronic equipment and data

Subscribe to our newsletter